Our Living for our Future workshops are informative, fun and interactive. Delivered by experts, they are designed to build skills and interest around sustainable living and the environment.
We have the capacity to support a limited number of community groups, clubs, schools and kindergartens to host their own sustainability workshop.
Eligible groups can choose from a variety of topics. If approved, we will cover, or partially cover the cost of the presenter. We do not cover costs for catering, venue hire or promotions. Most workshops run for an hour. Topics include:
- Energy savers: practical advice about identifying and reducing energy use at home, at school or in your business.
- Healthy homes/Green cleaning: learn how to reduce the use of toxic chemicals in your home.
- De clutter and reduce waste: tips and advice for de cluttering and organising every room in your house.
- Sustainable gardening: includes sustainable water management, organic soil management, pest control, composting, encouraging wildlife and seasonal vegetable gardening.
To host a Living for our Future workshop you must:
- be a community organisation, club, school or kindergarten operating within the City of Boroondara
- expect at least 25 attendees
- have a suitable venue with seating and tea/coffee facilities
- provide a data projector and screen
- open your workshop to interested members of the wider community
- acknowledge that the workshop has been supported by the City of Boroondara and the Living for our Future sustainability program, both during the workshop and in promotional materials
- ask participants to complete a short feedback form at the end of the workshop and provide feedback on the workshop to Council.
Applications must be emailed to Council at least two months before proposed workshop date.
- name of your group or organisation
- topic of interest (choose one of the four workshop topics above)
- proposed date and time
- name and address of proposed venue
- anticipated number of attendees
- outline of how you will promote the workshop
- your reason for wanting to run the workshop and the outcomes you hope to achieve