We visit each suburb every 2 weeks (subject to availability), and collections take place on all public holidays except Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
If you have items that are in good condition, we recommend you donate them to charity. See charity bins for the location of charity bins in Boroondara.
For complexes with 7 or more units we ask that your body corporate or managing agent book your hard waste collection on behalf of all residents. Every second Friday is reserved for multi-unit hard waste bookings.
How to book
You can book a hard waste collection in 3 ways:
- Call 9278 4444 between 8am and 5.15pm, Monday to Friday
- Email Council
Once your collection day is confirmed, see prepare for hard waste collection.
What we collect
- Whitegoods, including washing machines, fridges and dishwashers (for safety reasons, tape all doors shut)
- Wood, excluding fencing
- Small household appliances
- Panes of glass, wrapped in paper
- Empty paint tins, with lids off
- Tools and lawn mowers
- Carpet (up to 3 rolls)
- Mattresses and bed bases, all sizes, up to 2 per collection
- Small car parts, excluding tyres.
What we don't collect
- Regular weekly household or green waste collection items
- Building materials, including rubble or debris from renovations
- Car tyres
- Gas and barbecue cylinders
- Hazardous materials, such as asbestos or chemicals
- Paint and other liquid waste
- Items over the maximum size allowances.
For a full list, see our Hard waste collection information brochure.
Other options for disposing of hard waste
If you have used both your hard waste collections for the year or you need to dispose of items that we don't collect or that can be recycled, try these options:
For more information on all our waste services, see our A to Z Recycling and Waste Guide (Area A) or A to Z Recycling and Waste Guide (Area B). To find out whether you live in Area A or B, see Area A and B by street name.
You can also download our waste and recycling app.