We visit each suburb every 2 weeks (subject to availability), and collections take place on all public holidays except Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
If you have items that are in good condition, we recommend you donate them to charity. Locate Charity bins in Boroondara.
For complexes with 7 or more units we ask that your body corporate or managing agent book your hard waste collection on behalf of all residents. Every second Friday is reserved for multi-unit hard waste bookings.
How to book
Or call 9278 4444 between 8am and 5.15pm, Monday to Friday.
Once your collection day is confirmed, see prepare for hard waste collection.
What we collect
- whitegoods including washing machines, fridges and dishwashers (for safety reasons, tape all doors shut)
- timber (up to 12 pieces, neatly stacked, no more than 1.5m long)
- small household appliances
- panes of glass (wrapped in paper)
- empty paint tins with lids off
- tools and lawn mowers
- carpet (up to 3 rolls)
- mattresses and bed bases, all sizes, up to 2 per collection
- small car parts, excluding tyres
What we don't collect
- regular weekly household waste
- regular fortnightly household green waste
- regular weekly household recycling
- building materials – including rubble or debris
- renovation materials e.g. bathtubs, old kitchen cabinets, toilets etc.
- bricks, concrete and ceramic tiles
- plaster board and cement sheeting
- timber fencing or wall frames
- other fencing and materials
- timber pallets
- car tyres
- batteries (all types)
- light bulbs and tubes
- gas and barbecue cylinders
- hazardous materials, such as asbestos or chemicals
- paint and other liquid hazardous waste
- items over the maximum size allowances (no more than 2 cubic metres, with each item maximum 1.5 metres long [mattresses excepted]).
Other options for disposing of hard waste
If you've used both your hard waste collections for the year or need to dispose of items that we don't collect, see: