Refer to the map from Planning Maps Online.

See whether your property is in any of the following:

  • Special Building Overlay
  • Design and Development Overlay
  • Environmental Significance Overlay
  • Commercial 1 Zone
  • Public Park and Recreation Zone
  • Public Conservation and Resource Zone
  • Special Use Zone
  • Comprehensive Development Zone

Are you planning to install a tank that holds over 4,500 litres in any of the overlays or zones listed in this step?

  • If yes, [apply for a Planning Permit #Step7]
  • If no, you do not need a Planning Permit. [See if you need a Building Permit.#Step8]