Find the right contact for your drain or water problem.

Council drains

Use our online form to report a blocked or broken Council drain.

Report a drain problem

If it's an emergency, contact us on (03) 9278 4444 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

Our drain system collects stormwater and includes pipes, kerbs, open waterways and channels.

Find out how to connect your property to our drain system.

You can't use our stormwater drains to dispose of wastewater or groundwater. 

Wastewater includes water from basins, sinks, showers, baths, laundries, toilets and swimming pools. This must connect to the sewer.

Private drains

Contact your plumber if your own drain or pipes are blocked or leaking.

Contact Council Health Services on (03) 9278 4710 if your drain smells or is foamy.

Contact Yarra Valley Water on 132 762 if:

  • your water mains or sewerage has burst
  • you've got problems with your water supply.

Speak with your neighbour if water is coming onto your land from their property.

For other road-related problems, visit our road maintenance page.

Was this page helpful?