About Harcourt Street heritage assessments
The draft Harcourt Street heritage assessments project proposes to apply the Heritage Overlay to the individual property at 48 Harcourt Street, Hawthorn East, and to the Smythesdale Estate Precinct. This precinct includes the following properties:
- 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 Carlyle Street, Hawthorn East
- 81, 83, 85, 85A, 87 and 89 Harcourt Street, Hawthorn East.
Current Status (June 2022)
We are asking for feedback on the draft heritage citations for both the individual place and the precinct before deciding if we start the formal planning scheme amendment process. This process would introduce the Heritage Overlay to the proposed properties and form part of Council’s assessment of planning permit applications.
Due to technical issues, we are extending the consultation period for this proposal. You must now submit any feedback in writing by Sunday 24 July 2022.
You can provide your feedback by submitting an online form. Please carefully read the privacy statement before completing the online form.
Or you can send a letter to:
Boroondara City Council
Private Bag 1
Camberwell, VIC 3124
Council officers will review the feedback received and prepare a report for the Urban Planning Delegated Committee (UPDC) to consider.
The UPDC will decide whether to:
- adopt the citations with or without changes as a result of the feedback received and/or recommended by Council officers
- start the formal planning scheme amendment process to introduce the proposed changes into the Boroondara Planning Scheme
- defer adoption of the citations and start of the amendment until more work is completed
- abandon the proposal.
Affected and adjoining property owners/occupiers and anyone who provided Council with feedback as part of the preliminary consultation process will have the opportunity to address the UPDC in support of their feedback.
For more information contact Mikaela Carter, Senior Strategic Planner (Monday to Wednesday):