Coronavirus update 13 March 2020

Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support.

If you are a utility company, road authority, public transport operator or one of their contractors, you need to get consent from the coordinating road authority to conduct works within a public road reserve (unless an exemption applies).

The City of Boroondara of is the coordinating road authority for municipal roads in Boroondara.

VicRoads is the coordinating road authority for freeways and arterial roads.

Apply for consent

Step 1: Complete your application

Download the Utility Consent for Works within a Road Reserve application form (PDF, 663 KB).

With your application form, you'll need to include:

  • a site-specific traffic/pedestrian management plan showing all safety measures for the management of traffic and pedestrian safety (e.g. signs, barricades, line-markings), dimensions (e.g. area of use, area remaining, distance from any intersections) and any obstructions (e.g. trees, signs, bicycle racks, street furniture)
  • a Certificate of Currency showing a minimum of $10m public liability insurance
  • a copy of your letter notifying all residents whose access around the site will be affected. The letter should contain:
    • dates and times of works
    • how access will be altered
    • a contact name and phone number of both the applicant and site manager.
  • a VicRoads Memorandum of Authorisation (where applicable)
  • a Dial Before You Dig report (where applicable).

Step 2: Submit your application

You can submit your application:

Step 3: Your application is assessed

Once you submit your application and all required documents, we'll process your application within 10 working days.

How useful was this information?