There are 2 types of residential parking permits:
- Specified Vehicle Permit
- for a vehicle registered at your address or a vehicle registered to a company which is driven by someone living at your address
- the permit must be permanently displayed on the lower left corner of the vehicle's windscreen.
- please note: if you're issued a Specified Vehicle Permit, it cannot be misused (for example, used for different vehicle)
- Visitor Parking Permit
- for vehicles visiting your address or your own use
- the permit must be hung on the interior rear view mirror of the visiting vehicle.
To see how to assemble and display your Visitors Parking Permit together, watch our Assembling a Visitors Parking Permit video.
How to apply
Within 28 days of submitting your application, you'll receive one of the following:
- your permit
- a request for more information
- a rejection and the reason why.
You will need
With your application include one of the following in your name that shows your property address:
- rates notice
- current utility bill
- current lease agreement (signed by both the landlord or agent and tenant/s), or a letter from the landlord confirming tenancy
- current house and contents insurance policy
- contract of sale
- a current health care card, pensioner card or bank/credit card statement.
For Specified Vehicle Permits:
- vehicle's registration with the property address, or insurance paperwork showing that the vehicle is kept at the property.
For company cars:
- a letter on your company's letterhead outlining vehicle lease arrangements and confirming the vehicle is kept at the property.
Number of parking permits allowed per property
|Type of property||Number of permits|
No more than 2 dwellings on a block.
Eligible for up to 3 permits in total, either:
Unit or apartment
If the multi-unit dwelling was built:
May be eligible for one permit, either:
Above a shop
|Shared housing (boarding or rooming house)|