Each residence is allowed up to 3 residential parking permits as standard, depending on the type of property.
If you need more than 3 permits, you can apply for an additional Specified Vehicle Permit as long as:
- it's for a vehicle registered to the address
- there are at least 23 metres at the front of the property to park legally
- vehicles can enter or exit abutting driveways safely.
Additional residential parking permits are free of charge.
How to apply
Only the original permit holder can apply for an additional Specified Vehicle Permit.
- Complete the Residential parking permits 4th or additional application form.
- With your application, include:
- the vehicle's current registration or insurance paperwork, showing that the vehicle is registered at the same residential address
- for company vehicles, confirmation on company letterhead that it's a company vehicle.
- Submit the form and supporting documents by mail or in person to Council offices.
- Within 28 days, you'll receive either:
- your permit
- a request for more information; or
- a rejection and the reason why.