If you receive a parking fine, you must pay it within 21 days. You can pay the fine:
- in person at our customer service counter
- via post (cheques only) to the City of Boroondara, Private Bay No 1., Camberwell, VIC 3124.
If you have a question about your parking fine, feel free to contact us.
If you have lost your ticket and want to know your infringement number, please call customer service on (03) 9278 4444 with your car registration number.
Organise a payment plan
If you are not eligible for a review and need more time to pay your fine, you can organise a payment plan.
You can organise a payment plan if you have:
- experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
- a Health Care Card
- a concession card.
You can request a payment plan online, which we help organise through Fines Victoria.
Apply via email or post
You can also apply for a payment plan with us via email or post.
Email details of your preferred payment plan to [email protected] or write to us at Private Bag 1, Camberwell Victoria 3124. Please tell us:
- Your name, email address and phone number.
- Your infringement notice number and vehicle registration.
- How much you can pay and at what frequency. For example, $20 every fortnight.
With your application you will need to include evidence of your eligibility, such as a copy of your current Centrelink card.
Apply for a review of your parking fine
We can review your parking fine in some cases. Visit our Apply to review a parking fine page has more information on this.
Reasons we can't withdraw your parking fine
There are some reasons why we cannot withdraw your parking fine. The Victorian State Government sets these reasons.
In the past, we have not withdrawn parking fines if you:
- misread or didn’t see the parking sign
- were delayed at an appointment
- were in a hurry
- couldn’t find anywhere else to park
- moved your vehicle from one parking space directly to another in the same parking area
- parked for a very short time
- not displaying a valid parking permit
- believed that because the ticket parking machine was broken there were no restrictions
- left the vehicle because you, or a passenger, needed to use the toilet
- left the vehicle to get change or ran out of change
- stopping to make a quick delivery
- stopped to answer your mobile phone
- made an honest mistake
- stopped beside a parked vehicle waiting for another driver to return and drive their vehicle away.