You can get help with meals or essential groceries from the following services and locations:
- BassCare and Samarinda provide a Meals on Wheels program available for people aged over 65. Find out more on our Help accessing meals page.
- The Boroondara Cooks meal delivery program is a meal sharing and community strengthening program. The program connects you with a volunteer cook who lives nearby and is happy to regularly share a portion of their home-cooked meals with you. Find out more on our Help accessing meals page.
- Meals and shopping support is available for people under 65 living with a disability from MECWACare.
- Food parcels for registered clients and walk-ins from Camcare.
- Take away meals and emergency relief products such as non-perishable groceries and toiletries from The Salvation Army Camberwell. Call (03) 9889 2468 to arrange an appointment.
- Take away meals and emergency relief products such as non-perishable groceries and toiletries from Boroondara Community Outreach.
Many pharmacies offer a free medicine delivery service through Australia Post. Contact your local pharmacy to find out if they offer this service.
This directory provides information about free and accessible services to help people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Download Homelessness Food and Support Guide 2022
The following local community organisations accept donations of non-perishable food and material aid:
- Boroondara Community Outreach
- The Salvation Army Camberwell
- Spare Chair café at Kew Neighbourhood Learning Centre.
Please contact the community organisation before dropping off food or donations.