Coronavirus update 13 March 2020

Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support.

Update: the availability of some services listed may be affected by the coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic. Please call ahead or visit the respective service's website to confirm.

Contact these organisations for mental health and crisis support.

Crisis Support  24 hours, 7 days

If in immediate danger, call 000

St Vincent’s Psychiatric Triage Service provides psychiatric advice and treatment.

Suicide Call Back Service provides free counselling for anyone (15 years+) who is suicidal or affected by suicide.

Lifeline provides counselling, information and referrals for people experiencing a personal crisis.

Beyond Blue provides advice and support for people experiencing depression and anxiety.

Kids Helpline provides phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.

Community Mental Health Services

The Eastern Health, Mental Health Program is a central access point for people with a severe mental illness, their carers and family.

headspace Hawthorn provides support, information and advice to young people aged between 12-25 years.

Drug and alcohol support

DirectLine provides phone counselling, information and referrals for people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drugs.

Access Health & Community provides specialist alcohol and other drug services.

Medication Support and Recovery Service provides help to people who have problems with their use of prescription or over-the-counter medications.

Youth Drugs & Alcohol Advice provides advice about drugs and alcohol to young people.

Victoria Poisons Information Centre provides advice about what to do if a person has overdosed, made a mistake with medicines, been poisoned or had a poisonous bite.

Homelessness Assistance

Opening Doors is a state-wide program coordinating support for people experiencing homelessness. If you need urgent help, call Opening Doors on 1800 825 955 (24 hours, state-wide, toll free).

The Department of Health and Human Services website lists services across Victoria for people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or escaping family violence.