- Camcare is a local community agency that provides counselling, support and connection to other services free of charge and without the need for a GP referral, for people who live, work or study in the City of Boroondara.
- Access Health and Community provides a wide range of general health services by appointment.
- The Salvation Army Camberwell provides financial counselling services.
- The Eastern Health, Mental Health Program is a central access point for people with a severe mental illness, their carers and family.
- headspace Hawthorn provides support, information and advice to young people aged between 12-25 years.
Drug and alcohol support
- DirectLine provides phone counselling, information and referrals for people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drugs.
- Access Health & Community provides specialist alcohol and other drug services.
- Medication Support and Recovery Service provides help to people who have problems with their use of prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- Youth Drugs & Alcohol Advice provides advice about drugs and alcohol to young people.
- Victoria Poisons Information Centre provides advice about what to do if a person has overdosed, made a mistake with medicines, been poisoned or had a poisonous bite.
Support for CALD groups
- Chinese Community Social Services Centre Inc provides referrals to support and settlement services for the Chinese-Victorian community.
- Chinese Parents Special Support Network supports Chinese families of children with additional needs, such as autism, learning difficulties and intellectual disability.
- CO.AS.IT provides a range of welfare and community services for Italian migrants and their descendants, including social support phone calls supporting people in isolation.
|Beyond Blue||Immediate support with a trained mental health professional.||1300 22 636
|Lifeline||Crisis support and suicide prevention services for all Australians experiencing a personal crisis (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).||13 11 14|
|Suicide Call Back Service||Professional telephone and online counselling to people who are affected by suicide (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).||1300 659 467|
|Embrace Multicultural Mental Health||A national platform for multicultural communities and Australian mental health services to access resources, services and information in a culturally accessible format.||Embrace Multicultural Mental Health|
|Kids Helpline||A free, private and confidential, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.||1800 551 800|
|MensLine Australia||A telephone and online support, information and referral service, helping men to deal with relationship problems in a practical and effective way.||1300 789 978|
|MindSpot Clinic||An online and telephone clinic providing free assessment and treatment services for Australian adults with anxiety or depression.||1800 614 434|
|National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation||Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services and Aboriginal Medical Services in each state and territory.||National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation|
|Parentline Victoria||A telephone counselling and support service for all Victorian parents and carers of children from 0-18 years. Experienced social workers, psychologists and family therapists provide counselling and information around a wide range of parenting issues.||13 22 89|
|QLife||A counselling and referral service for LGBTI people (available between 3pm and 12am).||1800 184 527
|Relationships Australia||Relationship support services for individuals, families and communities.||1300 364 277|
|SANE Australia||Information about mental illness, treatments, where to go for support and help carers.||1800 187 263|
|St Vincent’s Psychiatric Triage Service||Provides psychiatric advice and treatment (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).||1300 558 862|