Over Easter (Friday 19 to Monday 22 April) and on Anzac Day (Thursday 25 April), some of our services and centres may be closed or have different hours. Please see details of all affected services.

If you are selling food, following the right safety procedures is critical to prevent food poisoning.

All food businesses in Victoria - from permanent premises to stalls at community events, food vans and sausage sizzles - must comply with the Food Act 1984, which oversees food safety in Victoria.

Temporary or mobile food premises need to register with or notify Council and lodge a Statement of Trade form each time they operate. For more information, see register a temporary or mobile food business.

The Department of Health and Human Services provides a wide range of food safety resources for businesses and community groups, including:

  • Food - how to keep it safe, including safety after a power failure, food handler hygiene and food preparation and storage.
  • Do food safely, free online training recommended for Class 3 and Class 4 businesses and community groups.

For more information about food business classes, see food business classification.

How useful was this information?