We don’t just look at the upfront cost of goods, services or works. We also look at:
- related costs
- environmental/circular economy products that can be reused to make other environmentally friendly products, such as street furniture
- social risks and benefits
- end of life disposal and where those goods end up, such as computers
- broader social and environmental impacts
- quality of the goods, services or works
- reliability of the supplier
- how the goods, services or works will be delivered
- how well the goods, services or works support our priorities and objectives.
You can find out more about how we assess value for money in our guidelines below.