There are many exciting initiatives that we will introduce for your benefit over the next few years.
You can see a list of the changes we have already achieved on our Completed Transforming Boroondara projects page.
Our website is probably the first place you look for information about 150+ Council services. As we transform Boroondara, we are delivering continuous improvements to save you time and make things easier online.
We are committed to making our information and services available to everyone, regardless of disability or available technology. Our efforts are backed by analytics, evidence-based research, conversations and testing with customers like you.
- Quicker access to information and services
- A more user-friendly experience, especially on mobile
- Inclusive design that improves everyone’s experience - no matter your ability, what device you’re using, or how much time you have.
We are upgrading the mobile tools our field workers use daily out on location to deliver a better service for our community. This includes maintaining our beautiful trees, road and footpath works, taking care of drainage maintenance, turf, and playground audits.
Our field teams will soon be equipped to complete inspections and respond to maintenance requests from anywhere, on any device.
- Better access for our teams to information
- Faster response times to service requests
- Less duplication of effort and less administration.
We are introducing a new booking tool so you can easily book free and paid venues, outdoor spaces and individual resources that we own and manage.
This will simplify online booking whether you have an event at a pavilion in mind, want to book a library meeting room or reserve an area at one of our many popular parks and gardens across Boroondara.
- A simple way to access our venues and facilities when you need them
- A one-stop location for you to find, compare, book, and pay for our events and facilities online
- The ability to book at a time that suits you.
We are introducing new technology and systems to make sure we have the information we need to provide the best support for you.
- Targeted communications and notifications
- A more efficient way to manage your queries and requests
- The option to self-serve when this makes sense.
We want to make sure your preferred way to connect with us and access our services is available to you.
We’ll be adding live online chat in the future, providing another easy way to reach our Customer Connect team in addition to phone, email and webform or visiting our customer service counter in Camberwell.
- Quicker interactions from our website
- More choice and more convenient ways to contact us.
It’s important that we reduce the time it takes to respond to customer requests and, where possible, reduce our cost to serve. This is why we have a multi-year program of work underway to modernise our core business systems.
The result will be replacing disconnected legacy systems with a single technology platform that enables more streamlined and responsive service delivery across Council.
- More efficient service delivery across Council
- Faster responses to your requests
- Enabling more opportunities for self-service.