Transforming together with you
We’re changing the way we work so you can connect with us at any time, in a way that’s convenient for you. We will make it easier and quicker to interact with us and we’ll get out of your way wherever possible. We know your time is important, and simpler processes mean less effort for you.
You have told us that you expect contemporary customer services and while digital transformation is a large part of our work, we also understand that some things should stay the same. We are providing more choice and more convenient online options for how you can connect with us. At the same time, our customer service team is still available by email, on the phone and in person.
This transformation is about improving your customer experience and our service delivery across Council. Below you can see some of what we’ve already achieved and what we have planned so we can deliver more responsive and efficient services for all members of our community.
Improved hard waste collection
We have recently digitised our hard waste collection process. This means we can provide a more coordinated service and faster responses when you contact us.
Data and analytics dashboards
Digital dashboards are enhancing how we work and allow us to make more data-driven decisions - from planning asset maintenance, to how we enhance our sustainable urban forest, and much more.
Find significant trees near you
Use our interactive map to search any address in Boroondara and quickly find significant trees near you.
Try our chat bot
Our chat bot is ready with answers to more than 270 frequently asked questions, with more being added all the time across topics including waste and environment, pets, libraries, and more.
Continuous website improvements
As we transform Boroondara, we are delivering continuous improvements based on your feedback to save you time and make things easier online.
Mobile tools for field workers
We are upgrading the mobile tools our field workers use daily when they are out on location, so they can deliver a better service for our community.
A new online booking tool
We are introducing a new booking tool, so you can easily book free and paid venues, outdoor spaces, and individual Council-owned resources.
New ways to connect with us
We’ll be adding live online chat in the future, providing another easy way to reach our Customer Connect team in addition to phone, email and web forms, or visiting our customer service counter in Camberwell.
Learn more about new ways to connect with us
From 2020 to 2022
We are introducing:
- New online self-service options so you can request council services and view information
- Consistent and secure payment options across all channels
- New ways to provide feedback and have your say on ideas and consultations
- Access us anywhere, anytime, using any device
- The ability to find, compare and book a range of council venues and facilities online
From 2022 to 2024
We will introduce:
- A way to connect with us using live chat
- Personalised notifications and communications
- 24/7 online self-service options
- A customer portal you can log in to that is customised for you
- Smart City initiatives to improve operations across the city
We enter into partnerships to provide the best possible services and outcomes for our customers, partners and Council.
We emphasise outcomes and impacts that support the Boroondara Community Plan.
Swinburne University of Technology
Our partnership with Swinburne University of Technology aims to:
- deliver positive outcomes for our community
- provide opportunities to share insights, skills and expertise
- support funding applications for joint developments and initiatives
- connect students with Council and provide opportunities to gain valuable work experience.
We look forward to regularly sharing results from this partnership with our community.