Changed your address or name?
If your address details have changed, please complete the Change of address form for rates.
If the property ownership has changed, or your name has changed due to marriage or other reasons, or an owner is deceased, we will need additional documentation to amend our records, for example, a copy of title, marriage certificate, or death certificate.
Pay a lump sum
The deadline for lump sum payments for 2018-2019 is 15 February 2019.
If you opt to pay your rates by 31 August 2018 and in a one lump sum, you will receive a 2 per cent discount on the Council rates and charges component of your total bill.
Pay by Direct Debit in 10 instalments
If you are paying in 10 monthly instalments by Direct Debit, you must complete a Direct Debit application form:
You can also print out and complete the Direct Debit application form.
You don't need to complete this form again if you selected this option last year.
Pay in 4 instalments by any method
If you pay in 4 instalments, the due dates are:
30 September 2018
30 November 2018
28 February 2019
31 May 2019
How to pay
- Online Payment Portal using the unique reference number in the top right hand corner of your rates notice
- Post bill pay (or phone 13 18 16). You will need the Billpay code and reference number on your notice.
- Bpay: You will need the Biller Code (93633) and Reference Number from your rates notice. Payments can only be made from savings or cheque accounts. We do not accept credit card payments via Bpay.
By Direct Debit
Or print out and complete the Direct Debit application form
- Detach the bottom of the notice and mail with your cheque or money order- made payable to 'City of Boroondara', crossed 'Not negotiable' - to: City of Boroondara, PO Box 14608, Melbourne VIC 8001. Please note: ensure you mail your payment in time, as we do not accept postal delays as a reason for late payment. We do not issue a receipt for payments received through the mail.
- Australia Post: Present your rates notice at any Post Office to pay by cash, cheque or EFTPOS. Ensure cheques are made payable to 'City of Boroondara' and crossed 'Not negotiable'.
- At Council cashiers desks in Camberwell, Kew, Hawthorn.
If you are a pensioner who has a current DSS/DVA Pensioner Concession Card or a current DVA Gold Card specifying War Widow or TPI you may be eligible for a rebate on your current rates and charges.
Contact Department of Human Services to find out more, or phone Council on 9278 4444.
If you are experiencing financial hardship and would like to discuss special payment arrangements, please contact Revenue and Property Services on 9278 4325. You may be able to defer payment of your rates, charges, and Fire Services Property Levy if you meet the required criteria.
If your payment by cheque is dishonoured by your financial institution, you will incur a Council administration fee.
Find out How we calculate your rates.