Please email [email protected] to discuss options for a rate deferment. We will also not charge interest on late rate payments to provide relief to ratepayers doing it tough.
For more information on how your rates are calculated and spent, read our Understanding your rates notice page.
- Online Payment Portal: use the unique reference number in the top right hand corner of your rates notice.
- Post Billpay (or phone 13 18 16): you will need the Billpay code and reference number on your notice.
- Bpay: you will need the Biller Code (93633) and Reference Number from your rates notice.
You can also have your next rates notice sent to your online banking by registering via the ‘BPAY View’ or ‘View Bills’ section on your online banking account.
By direct debit
Or print out and complete the Direct Debit application form.
You don't need to complete this form again if you selected this option last year.
Detach the bottom of the notice and mail with your cheque or money order- made payable to 'City of Boroondara', crossed 'Not negotiable' - to: City of Boroondara, PO Box 14608, Melbourne VIC 8001.
Make sure you mail your payment in time, as we do not accept postal delays as a reason for late payment. We do not issue a receipt for payments received through the mail.
- At Council cashiers desks in Camberwell, Kew and Hawthorn. Please note that Kew does not accept cash payments.
- Australia Post: present your rates notice at any Post Office to pay by cash, cheque or EFTPOS. Ensure cheques are made payable to 'City of Boroondara' and crossed 'Not negotiable'.
If your payment by cheque is dishonoured by your financial institution, you will incur a Council administration fee.
Pay a lump sum
The deadline for lump sum payments for 2019-2020 is 15 February 2020.
If you opt to pay your rates by 31 August 2019 and in a one lump sum, you will receive a 2 per cent discount on the Council rates and charges component of your total bill.
Pay in instalments
Use any method to pay your rates in 4 instalments. The due dates are:
- 30 September 2019
- 30 November 2019
- 28 February 2020
- 31 May 2020.
If you are a pensioner who has a current DSS/DVA Pensioner Concession Card or a current DVA Gold Card specifying War Widow or TPI you may be eligible for a rebate on your current rates and charges.
Contact Department of Human Services to find out more or phone Council on 9278 4444.
If you are experiencing financial hardship and would like to discuss special payment arrangements, please contact Revenue and Property Services on 9278 4325.
You may be able to defer payment of your rates, charges, and Fire Services Property Levy if you meet the required criteria.
Update details on a rates notice
Complete the Change of details form to update your rates payment details, including:
- Change of property ownership
- Change of name
- An owner has passed away
- Change of address
- Change of business name.
You may need to provide supporting documentation such as a copy of title, marriage certificate or death certificate.