Nominations for the 2020 Boroondara Urban Design Awards have been deferred until further notice due to the current COVID-19 precautionary isolation measures in place.
We apologise to all architects, designers and the broader community for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and interest in these Awards.
We look forward to providing an update once we are able to resume the competition.
About the Urban Design Awards
The City of Boroondara is renowned for its leafy residential streetscapes and vibrant shopping strips. Our neighbourhoods are recognised and appreciated for their heritage significance, distinctive sense of place and aesthetic appeal and our shopping strips are attractive and lively.
Nominations are now open for the 2020 Boroondara Urban Design Awards. Anyone can nominate a project that has been completed within the last two years.
The Urban Design Awards aim to:
- Celebrate and encourage excellence in urban design and high quality architecture that makes a notable contribution to the City’s character.
- Increase the community’s awareness of the benefits of good urban design and the enhancement it makes to Boroondara’s public environment.
Anyone can nominate a project that has been completed within the last two years.
- 13 February 2020: nominations open
- 28 April 2020: nominations deferred
- TBC: nominations resume
- TBC: nominations close
- TBC: judging sessions
- TBC: winners announced
The 2020 awards are offered in five categories:
- Best heritage extensions, additions and alterations.
- Best small-scale residential development.
- Best medium-scale multi-dwelling residential development.
- Best non-residential development.
- Best apartment/mixed-use development.
How to nominate
Nominations are currently deferred until further notice.