Residents who have their kerbside bins collected by us can book 2 hard rubbish collections each financial year.
We do collections on all public holidays except Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
There is high demand for this service. If you need to book a hard waste collection urgently, please call us.
Call (03) 9278 4444 between 8 am and 5:15 pm, Monday to Friday to request a booking.
Apartment and unit bookings
If you live in an apartment block where bins are collected by us and with 14 units or less, you can book a collection for your unit.
If you live in an apartment block where bins are collected by us and with 15 units or more, your body corporate needs to make the booking.
- Whitegoods including washing machines, fridges and dishwashers
- Timber (up to 12 neatly stacked pieces and not including fencing or pallets)
- Small household appliances
- Panes of glass (wrapped in paper)
- Empty paint tins with lids off
- E-waste (not including batteries and light bulbs)
- Tools and lawn mowers
- Carpet (up to 3 rolls)
- Mattresses and bed bases, all sizes (up to 2 per collection)
- Small car parts (not including tyres).
We do not collect building or renovation waste, or dangerous or hazardous items including chemicals and gas and barbecue cylinders.
Find out how to dispose of items we don't collect in our A to Z recycling and waste guide.
Prepare for a hard waste collection
Put your hard waste out no earlier than 2 days before your collection.
We will send you an orange hard waste sticker in the mail a few days before your collection. Please put this in a visible spot on your hard waste pile.
Where to put your hard waste
Put the hard waste on the nature strip outside your house or apartment.
Keep the footpath clear and easy to access. It's helpful if there are no vehicles parked in front of your pile.
How much waste you can put out
The size of your pile can't be bigger than 2 m3. This is around what would fit into 2 small trailers.
Hard waste items need to be:
- no longer than 1.5 m each (except mattresses)
- able to be lifted by 2 people.
How to sort your hard waste
Separate your hard waste into 4 piles.
- General hard waste: such as bric-a-brac, plates, cups, furniture and wood.
- Mattresses: mattresses and bed bases (all sizes).
- Electronic waste (e-waste): such as kettles, toasters, computers, monitors, TVs and DVD players.
- Large metal items: such as washing machines, dishwashers, fridges (for safety reasons, tape all doors shut) and small car parts.
These piles may be collected on the same day by different trucks.
You might get a fine if:
- you put your hard waste out too early (more than 2 days before your collection)
- there are items in your pile that we don't accept.
If people add to your hard waste pile and you're worried about going over the maximum amount, you can:
Please call (03) 9278 4444 to:
- change the date of your collection
- cancel it.
We need at least 2 business days' notice.