Residents can book 2 hard waste collections each financial year.
What we collect
- Whitegoods, including washing machines, fridges and dishwashers (for safety reasons, tape all doors shut)
- Wood, excluding fencing
- Small household appliances
- Panes of glass, wrapped in paper
- Empty paint tins, with lids off
- Tools and lawn mowers
- Carpet (up to 3 rolls, maximum length 1.5m)
- Mattresses and bed bases, all sizes, up to 2 per collection
- Small car parts, excluding tyres.
What we don't collect
- Regular weekly household or green waste collection items
- Building materials, including rubble or debris from renovations
- Car tyres
- Gas and barbecue cylinders
- Hazardous materials, such as asbestos or chemicals
- Paint and other liquid waste
- Items over the maximum size allowances.
For a full list, see prepare for a hard waste collection.