The Kew Traffic School is a popular venue for private parties and functions and is available for:
- one 2-hour session on weekday afternoons (or 3-hour session during daylight savings)
- four 2-hour sessions on Saturdays and Sundays.
The maximum number of children per private booking is:
- 30 children (ages 6 to 10) or
- 50 children (ages 6 and under).
It's important to note:
- children need to bring their own bicycle or scooter and helmet
- carers or parents must stay and supervise their children
- guests can access the site during the designated booking times only
- hosts can access the site up to 15 minutes before and after booking times for set-up and pack-up. If you require additional time for your party, consider booking a double session.
You have exclusive use of the school and associated amenities, including a covered pergola with fixed table and bench seats, barbecue, fridge and freezer, microwave, urn and toilets. There is also a car park.
Before booking, please check whether your event date coincides with a public holiday, school holiday or event such as Mother's Day. This can affect whether your invitees can attend, and we cannot always accommodate changes to booking dates due to the popularity of the venue.
Private session times and fees
Fees are valid until 30 June 2019.
|Monday to Friday (during AEST)||3.30-5.30pm||$229|
Monday to Friday (during daylight savings)
Saturday and Sunday (all year round)
Community group bookings
Community groups can book the Kew Traffic School for annual fundraising events at a discounted rate of $130 for any session time on weekdays or weekends.
Community groups must be located within the City of Boroondara, be running a fundraising event and be a not-for-profit organisation.
Book a private function
Before you make a booking online, it's important to note:
- you can book up to 6 months in advance
- if you book within 7 days of the event, please contact us by phone
- you need to pay by credit card when you book
- if you are booking for a community group, you need to email Kew Traffic School a brief description of your event on your group's official letterhead, signed by a committee member
- there are strict conditions of hire.
Once your booking has been confirmed, see the Kew Traffic School Private Bookings Guide for information about keys and amenities.
You can use our Party Invite template to print out invitations for your private function.
To receive future email correspondence from Kew Traffic School, please add [email protected] to your contacts.
If you have any questions about the Kew Traffic School, call 9278 4768.