Schools can book a sportsground or sports facilities on a term-by-term basis. Bookings must be submitted 4 weeks before the end of each term.
Step 1: Choose a venue
Refer to sportsgrounds and sports facilities to see a list of venues and their facilities.
Step 2: Request a venue booking
You can submit your school term booking request for a sportsground or hall using our online booking system.
If it's your first time using the online system, you'll need to create an account with a user name and password.
Once you've created an account, you can view the availability of venues and submit your booking request.
- You can book a sportsground, a sportsground with a hall, or a hall.
- A hall is referred to as a pavilion when it is located next to a sportsground.
- Our sportsgrounds and halls are used by sporting clubs on weekends and weeknights, so availability may be limited during these times.
- During the changeover of summer and winter sports (March and September), school bookings may be limited at Council sports venues.
For more information about hiring our sportsgrounds or halls, call the Leisure Services Officer on 9278 4444.
Step 3: Booking notification
Once we've received your booking request, we'll notify you if the venue is available at the time you have chosen.
If the venue is not available, we'll let you know by email. You'll be invited back to the online booking system to request another day or time.
Step 4: Booking confirmation and fee payment
If the venue is available, we'll send you an email to confirm your booking including an invoice for the fee, if applicable.
You can pay the fee by:
- email Council your credit card details (using the form on your invoice)
- mail a cheque to Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124.
School booking fees
|Schools in Boroondara - 8.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday||No charge|
|Schools in Boroondara - before 8.30am and after 3.30pm (outside school hours)||$33 per hour|
|Schools outside Boroondara||$65 per hour|
Step 5: Final booking confirmation
When we've received your payment, we'll send you a final email confirmation of your booking.
You can view the status of your application in your online account.