Schools can book a sportsground or sports facilities on a term-by-term basis. Bookings must be submitted 4 weeks before the end of each term. You can find the dates for school terms on the Victorian Government website.
Step 1: Choose a venue
Refer to our Sportsgrounds and sports facilities page to see a list of venues and their facilities.
Step 2: Request a venue booking
You can submit your school term booking request for a sportsground or hall using our online booking system.
If it's your first time using the online system, you'll need to create an account with a username and password.
Once you've created an account, you can view the availability of venues and submit your booking request.
- You can book a sportsground, a sportsground with a hall, or a hall.
- A hall is referred to as a pavilion when it is located next to a sportsground.
- Our sportsgrounds and halls are used by sporting clubs on weekends and weeknights, so availability may be limited during these times.
- During the changeover of summer and winter sports (in March and September), school bookings may be limited at Council sports venues.
Step 3: Booking notification
Once we've received your booking request, we'll notify you if the venue is available at the time you have chosen.
If the venue is not available, we'll let you know by email. You'll be invited back to the online booking system to request another day or time.
Step 4: Booking confirmation and fee payment
If the venue is available, we will email you to confirm your booking including an invoice for the fee, if applicable.
You can pay the fee by:
- emailing us at [email protected] with your credit card details (using the form on your invoice)
- mail a cheque to Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124.
School booking fees
|Schools in Boroondara - 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday||No charge|
|Schools in Boroondara - before 8:30 am and after 3:30 pm (outside school hours)||$34.20 per hour|
|Access to pavilion toilets and/or changerooms - before 8:30 am and after 3:30 pm (outside school hours)||$67.50 per hour|
Step 5: Final booking confirmation
When we've received your payment, we'll send you a final email confirmation of your booking.
You can view the status of your application in your online account.
Cancellations made with more than 10 business days' notice will be charged a $57 cancellation fee during the refund process.
Cancellations made with less than 10 full business days' notice will lead to the forfeit of the total hire fee to the Council.
Cancellations of bookings must be made in writing by emailing [email protected] and including a reference to your booking ID and location.