Increase staff well being and decrease parking and traffic issues around your workplace by encouraging staff to get to work by using a bike, public transport, car pool or walking.
Council supports local workplaces to get staff using sustainable transport in a range of ways including the following:
- promotional events
- information regarding green travel plans
- information regarding workplace bicycle users groups
- funding options for bicycle facilities such as bike parking.
Please email the Sustainable Transport Officer for assistance.
Ride 2 Work day is a national day to celebrate people who ride to work and also to engage people to give riding to work a go.
In 2018, Ride2Work day was held on Wednesday 17 October. We provided $50 breakfast vouchers for the first 20 workplaces registered, as well as a Ride2Work day ‘pack’ for all registered workplaces including the following:
- Ride2Work day posters and postcards to promote the day in your workplace
- TravelSmart Maps to help your staff map their route
- Bicycle Law Brochures to inform your staff about their rights and responsibilities
- [email protected] workplace bike training information
- some small prizes to act as giveaways on the day including bike lights, locks, drink bottles, repair kits etc.
We also offered a major prize for the workplace with the most people riding on the day – a smoothie bike session.
Register your interest in future Ride2Work Days through either emailing [email protected] or call 9278 4515