Increase staff well being and decrease parking and traffic issues around your workplace by encouraging staff to get to work by using a bike, public transport, car pool or walking.
Council supports local workplaces to get staff using sustainable transport in a range of ways including the following:
- promotional events
- information regarding green travel plans
- information regarding workplace bicycle users groups
- funding options for bicycle facilities such as bike parking.
Please email the Sustainable Transport Officer for assistance.
Ride 2 Work day is celebrated nationally each year, encouraging people to ride to and from work. In 2019, Ride2Work day will be celebrated on Wednesday 16 October.
Promoting Ride2Work at your workplace
We are encouraging local businesses to host Ride2Work events by providing a special promotional pack to the first 15 workplaces to register for the event.
The pack includes:
- a $50 supermarket voucher towards catering
- Ride2Work day posters to promote the day in your workplace
- TravelSmart Maps to help your staff map their route
- bicycle law brochures to inform your staff about their rights and responsibilities
- workplace bike training information
- prizes to act as giveaways on the day, including reflective ankle bands, drink bottles and repair kits.
After the event we will award two $100 vouchers to be used at the Boroondara bike shop of your choice. The prizes will be awarded to:
- the workplace with highest proportion of staff riding on the day
- the workplace with highest proportion of riders that are new riders on the day.
Registrations close on Friday 4 October 2019.