Increase staff well being and decrease parking and traffic issues around your workplace by encouraging staff to get to work by using a bike, public transport, car pool or walking.
Council supports local workplaces to get staff using sustainable transport in a range of ways including the following
- promotional events
- information regarding green travel plans
- information regarding workplace bicycle users groups
- funding options for bicycle facilities such as bike parking
- and more
Please email the Sustainable Transport Officer for assistance.
Ride 2 Work day is a national day to celebrate people who ride to work and also to engage people to give riding to work a go.
In 2017 Ride2Work day will be held on Wednesday the 18th October. We will again provide $50 breakfast vouchers for the first 20 workplaces registered as well as a Ride2Work day ‘pack’ for all registered workplaces including the following
- Ride2Work day posters and postcards to promote the day in your workplace
- TravelSmart Maps to help your staff map their route
- Bicycle Law Brochures to inform your staff about their rights and responsibilities
- [email protected] workplace bike training information
- Some small prizes to act as giveaways on the day including bike lights, locks, drink bottles, repair kits etc
We will also be offering a major prize for the workplace with the most people riding on the day - a tailored bike course to upskill your staff.
Registrations for Ride2Work Day 2017 have now closed - please check back next year.