Some Planning Permit applications are eligible to be considered as VicSmart, which is a streamlined application process.
To determine whether your application is eligible for VicSmart, refer to the zone, overlay or particular provision that requires a planning permit. To find out which overlays and zones impact your property, go to Planning Maps Online.
For queries related to VicSmart eligibility:
- Visit the planning counter at Council where planners are available assist you ,or
- phone us on 9278 4888.
To apply for VicSmart:
- Prepare: Visit the VicSmart website to download checklists and applicant guides.
- Submit: Submit the Application for VicSmart (pdf, 334KB) to Council with all the required information.
- Respond to requests: Council may request further information within 5 business days.
- Assessment: A Council officer assesses the application against preset criteria.
- Decision: A Council officer approves or refuses the application within 10 business days.
A reduced fee will apply for VicSmart Planning Permit applications. For fee information, see Victoria State Government planning and subdivision fees.
Timeline for VicSmart approval
Approximately 10 business days from the date all required information is received.
For the latest information on VicSmart, visit the State Government VicSmart website.
Refer to the Boroondara Planning Scheme to find out more about planning controls in Boroondara.