Online forms and some online services will be unavailable from 8 pm to 11:59 pm on Thursday 1 December 2022.

You need Report and Consent for demolition if you are demolishing any of the following:

  • 100% of a building
  • more than half of the volume of the original building over 3 years
  • any part of the façade of a building.

A façade is an external wall that faces a street or laneway. It can include architectural features attached to the wall, such as a verandah or balcony.

How to apply

Only the property owner or an authorised agent of the owner can apply for Report and Consent for demolition. 

Complete the Application for Report and Consent on Proposed Demolition below.

With your application include:

  • The Certificate of Title. To get the certificate visit the Landata website
  • A written description of the proposal.
  • The site plan showing what will be demolished. The site plan must be to scale with dimensions from the building being demolished to the title boundaries. It must be visually clear and can be hand drawn.
  • Your building surveyor's details.
  • Your Planning Permit number if relevant.

Email the form and supporting documents to [email protected]

We'll email you an invoice for the fee after you submit your application. The fee is $87.90.

Expect it to take 15 business days for us to assess your application. 

Download application for Report and Consent on proposed demolition

More information

If you're not sure whether you need Report and Consent, ask your building surveyor or contact us at [email protected] or on (03) 9278 4999

Check if you need other permits for your demolition project with our guide on demolishing all or part of a building

Was this page helpful?