We offer 2 types of school bookings for sportsgrounds or sports facilities:
- Seasonal. These are ongoing bookings on a weekly basis, for example for PE classes, training sessions or district competitive fixtures.
- Casual. These are one-off occurrences, for example for a sports carnival, cross-country event or make-up PE class.
Seasonal school bookings
Our application process for seasonal sportsground bookings begins in winter 2023.
You must submit a new application for your school’s summer and winter allocations each year.
- Summer bookings cover the time period from 1st October to 31st March.
- Winter bookings cover the time period from 1st April to 30th September.
Please note that during the changeover of our sportsgrounds to summer and winter sports in March and September, there will be limited sportsground availability.
If your school has previously made seasonal bookings at Boroondara, complete our online form to apply for a new allocation this year.
Request a new seasonal booking
If you would like to apply for a seasonal booking at Boroondara and have not done so previously, please contact our Sport and Recreation team by email at [email protected] or call (03) 9278 4444. We will help you set up an account.
Casual school bookings
Step 1: Choose a venue
Refer to our Sportsgrounds and sports facilities page to see a list of venues and their facilities.
Step 2: Request a venue booking
You can submit your school booking request for a sportsground or hall using our online booking system.
If it's your first time using the online system, you'll need to create an account with a username and password.
Once you've created an account, you can view the availability of venues and submit your booking request.
- You can book a sportsground, a sportsground with a hall, or a hall.
- A hall is referred to as a pavilion when it is located next to a sportsground.
- Our sportsgrounds and halls are used by sporting clubs on weekends and weeknights, so availability may be limited during these times.
- All casual sportsground applications require a minimum notice of 5 (full) business days.
- Please advise us in your booking if you require access to changeroom or bathroom facilities. These facilities are not guaranteed.
- During the changeover of summer and winter sports (in March and September), school bookings may be limited at our sports venues.
For more information about hiring our sportsgrounds or halls, you can email [email protected] or call us on (03) 9278 4444.
Step 3: Booking notification
Once we've received your booking request, we'll notify you if the venue is available at the time you have chosen.
If the venue is not available, we'll let you know by email. You'll be invited back to the online booking system to request another day or time.
Step 4: Booking confirmation and fee payment
If the venue is available, we will email you to confirm your booking including an invoice for the fee, if applicable.
You can pay the fee by:
- emailing us at [email protected] with your credit card details (using the form on your invoice)
- mail a cheque to Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124.
School booking fees
|Schools in Boroondara - 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday||No charge|
|Schools in Boroondara - before 8:30 am and after 3:30 pm (outside school hours)||$34.20 per hour|
|Access to pavilion toilets and/or changerooms - before 8:30 am and after 3:30 pm (outside school hours)||$67.50 per hour|
Step 5: Final booking confirmation
When we've received your payment, we'll send you a final email confirmation of your booking.
You can view the status of your application in your online account.
Cancellations made with more than 10 business days' notice will be charged a $57 cancellation fee during the refund process.
Cancellations made with less than 10 full business days' notice will lead to the forfeit of the total hire fee to the Council.
Cancellations of bookings must be made in writing by emailing [email protected] and including a reference to your booking ID and location.