This street sweeping service starts several weeks after the start of the autumn fall so we can collect as many leaves as possible. The date changes each year depending on when different species of tree drops their leaves.
Autumn leaf-fall sweeping dates replace the regular residential street sweeping service days.
Bulk leaf collection schedule
There are 2 ways to see if your street is scheduled for sweeping and dates a street will be swept:
- See our 2019 Bulk leaf collection schedule
- Search for your street below. If no results come up, your road isn't scheduled to be swept.
'Once-off' street sweeping
Selected streets in Boroondara will be part of a 'once-off' manual clean-up service during autumn. This service will include the blowing of leaves on nature strips and footpaths from the property line onto the road for collection by the sweepers.
Please note: the contractor will do their utmost to meet these scheduled service dates; however, weather conditions or equipment issues may delay at times.
How you can help us
- Avoid parking on the street on your sweeping days.
- Rake up leaves that the street sweeper cannot reach under and near parked vehicles.
- Don't rake or blow grass clippings or leaves onto the road after the sweeper has passed by.
- Make sure leaves are free of sticks, branches and rocks as they will damage the machinery.
Note: We don't sweep or collect leaves that are from your garden.
If you would like to know more about this autumn bulk collection service or have a copy of the schedule for a selected street posted to you, please call 9278 4444.
How to find if your street is being swept
- Type your street name into the box below (please don't add a house number).
- Use the abbreviated street type – i.e. 'rd' instead of 'road' – if necessary.
- Choose your street and click UPDATE. Click on reset to start your search again.
If 'no results' comes up while typing or after you click on UPDATE, leaf collection is not scheduled for your street.