You need to apply for a Works Zone Permit to use the road to load or unload building materials to a site.

Step 1: Submit your application

You must submit your application at least 10 business days before you start building works. Please note a works permit will only be issued for a period of 10 days or more.

Apply for a Works Zone Permit online

You can also download and complete the Works Zone application form and submit to Council offices.

With your application, you'll need to include:

  • A courtesy letter for any properties affected by the works (Council will nominate these), including the name and contact details of someone on site, relevant traffic plans and construction dates.
  • Certificate of Currency or Summary of Insurance (minimum of $20 million of public liability insurance required).
  • A plan showing the road area and the location of the proposed works zone.


Item Fee
Parking bay occupancy $54 per bay, per day
Sign $242 per sign

Note: we determine the number of signs based on your application.

Step 2: Your application is assessed

When we receive your application, we'll send you a confirmation email.

We'll contact you if we need more information.

If you application is successful, we'll email your permit and an invoice for the fee.

Your approved permit must be available for inspection on site.

On 23 August, 2021, Council made a resolution to adopt the Protection of Council Assets and Control of Building Sites Local Law 2021. Please take the time to read this Local Law to make sure you are familiar with your obligations and how it may impact your works.

Step 3: Send courtesy letters

Once your permit has been approved, you can send your courtesy letters to the affected properties (nominated by Council).

Letters must be sent at least 2 business days before you begin the works.

More information

For more information, call Works Permits on 9278 4505.

Was this page helpful? *