Apply for an Out-of-Hours Works Permit if you need to work outside standard hours on a non-residential building site.
Depending on the works you’re doing, standard working hours are regulated by:
- the Boroondara Local Law, or
- the permitted hours set out in your Planning Permit.
Standard hours for carrying out works are:
- 7 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday
- 9 am to 5 pm, Saturday
No works are permitted on Sundays and public holidays.
This application is for temporary changes to working hours only. For permanent changes to working hours, you need to amend your Planning Permit.
We will consider applications where it is not reasonable or safe to conduct works within standard hours.
You don’t need a permit to work out of hours in your home where a building permit is not required. For more information, refer to the EPA guidelines on residential construction hours.
Submit this application at least 10 business days before you intend to work out of hours.
Prepare your documents
Gather the following documents for submission:
- proposed notification letter to impacted residents and businesses
- list of addresses that will be notified through letterbox drop
- notification letter to police, fire and ambulance, if their services may be impacted.
Depending on the location of the building site, you may also need to submit:
- approval from the relevant owners corporation
- a Memorandum of Authorisation from impacted public authorities
- a Swept Path Analysis
- a Traffic Management Plan.
The application fee is $78, which covers one day of out-of-hours work.
If you need additional days, we will send you an invoice for the remaining approved days. The daily fee is $78.
Please note, the application fee is non-refundable, even if your application is unsuccessful.
Once you’ve submitted the application, we may request more information from you, or refer your application to one of our specialists.
After we have assessed the impact of your works, we may ask you to notify more residents or businesses.
After our assessment, we will notify you via email of our decision.
If you need to pay more fees in addition to the application fee, we will send you an invoice.