If you want to carry out building or construction works on a non-residential property before or after hours, you need to apply for an Out-of-Hours Works Permit.
Standard hours for carrying out works on a building site are:
- 7am to 6.30pm, Monday to Thursday
- 7am to 5pm, Friday
- 8am to 5pm, Saturday.
If your building site is on a residential property, you need to contact Statutory Planning on 9278 4888 to amend your Construction Management Plan.
How to apply
You need to submit your application at least 14 days before you want to work out of hours.
- Permit fee: $74.50
With your application, you'll need to provide:
- a copy of your Planning Permit (if applicable)
- a copy of the letter to affected residents, with proof of who has been advised.
You also need to advertise the reason for the out-of-hours work (we can advertise the permit on your behalf).
Your application will be assessed by Council's Statutory Planning department to make sure it complies with any Planning Permits.
- We'll contact you if we need more information.
- We'll email your permit if your application is successful.