If the item you would like to borrow is at another Boroondara library, out on loan, or on order, you can reserve it and we’ll let you know when it’s available.
To reserve an item from our collection:
- Find the item you want and click on the check box beside the title of the item to select it.
- Click the ‘Place Reservation’ button at the top of the screen.
- Complete the form:
- Your ‘borrower ID’ is your membership number - the 14 digits under the barcode on your card.
- Your password is your 6-digit PIN (your date of birth in DDMMYY format) or the password you set up.
- If you've forgotten your password, you can reset your password.
- Select where you want to collect your item.
- Click the ‘Place Reservation’ button at the bottom of the screen.
Once you’ve submitted your request, you'll see a message confirming the details on screen.
When the item is ready to collect, you’ll receive an email (if you have an email address in your account) or a letter to let you know when it is available. You have 7 days to pick it up.
It's a good idea to sign up for email notifications so you can be notified as soon as the item is ready to collect.
Going on holidays?
If you know you’ll be away for more than a couple of days, you can ask a librarian so we can suspend your reservation and keep your request in the queue.