Returning borrowed items
You can return your borrowed items to any library in the City of Boroondara.
All libraries have an automated returns chute near the entrance. You can return items 24 hours a day.
If you can’t make it to a library to return your items, you can renew them:
- via the library app
- by phone
- in person
- by using a library self-service terminal.
Renewing the item will extend your loan period for another 3 weeks.
You can renew any item up to 3 times.
To renew an item online
- Go to your library account and log in using your membership number and password.
Your 14-digit membership number is under the barcode on your library card.
Your 6-digit PIN is your date of birth in DDMMYY format.
- Select Check and renew loans.
- Select the items you wish to renew and then click Renew selections.
To renew an item by phone
- Call us on (03) 9278 4666 during Boroondara Library Service opening hours.
- Provide your membership number and the names of the items you wish to renew.
Returning or renewing eBooks
If you borrow an eBook, you'll receive an email reminder before the end of your loan period.
Follow the instructions in the email to return or renew your items, or allow your access to automatically expire at the end of the loan.
Return an eBook or audiobook early
Navigate to your bookshelf or loans in Borrow Box or Libby. Select the title you want to return and choose 'return early' for Borrow Box, or 'Manage loan' for Libby.