We set out to co-design a robust Strategy which will set the high-level direction for Boroondara’s customer engagement into the future and position Council for the next 5-10 years for technological, economic and community change.
Based on the outputs of Phases 1 and 2 of the Boroondara Customer Experience Improvement Project, we have developed this final Strategy and plan which has been validated with key stakeholders within the Council. We worked with the Core Design Team and Council staff at all levels to produce the following outputs and outcomes:
- a vision, value proposition and roadmaps for where Council wants to be in future
- a clear understanding of how Council can realise the best value for the Boroondara community while understanding and managing trade-offs, and
- an understanding of how Council’s customer engagement will be enhanced by the new strategy, including specific outcomes and success indicators.
The approach we took was to combine and synthesise:
- the outputs and insights gathered throughout Phases 1 and 2
- the outputs and insights developed during our intensive, two-day ideation ThinkCamp, and
- our ThinkPlace expertise and experience in design thinking and strategic development.