Volunteering is ‘time willingly given for the common good and without financial gain’, according to the peak national body Volunteering Australia.
Volunteering provides so many benefits to individuals and the community, including:
- building social networks
- using and developing transferable skills
- providing a pathway to employment
- gaining a feeling of purpose, accomplishment and empowerment
- improving mental health.
Boroondara is a proud volunteering community. In the 12 months prior to the 2021 Census, 18.6% of residents reported that they volunteer – a higher rate than in Greater Melbourne (12.%).
We want to support these efforts. Explore our range of free services if you are:
- a volunteer
- thinking about volunteering
- a community organisation that involves volunteers in your work.