The Boroondara Volunteer Skills Bank connects skilled professionals with community organisations who are looking for skilled volunteers in short term, project-based roles.
Whatever your professional background or field of study, you’ll find flexible and short-term opportunities near you.
- being on a board or committee of a community organisation in Boroondara
- mentoring community organisation leaders or managers
- developing a marketing or branding strategy
- developing human resources policies and procedures
- building a website
- taking photos or developing a video
- organising an event
- designing a flyer or report
- setting up accounting systems.
Join the Boroondara Volunteer Skills Bank
Join our skilled volunteering mailing list to receive the latest skilled volunteering roles we are promoting on behalf of community organisations.
David Lanigan, photographer
David offered his photography skills to Burke and Beyond.
“I have taken photos of participants in Burke and Beyond’s programs which have been used to promotional purposes on social media and the new website.
"Burke and Beyond have been really flexible with my university schedule so I have organised the photo shoots at times that have been mutually beneficial for me and program participants.
"The people who utilise the service and the staff are all so wonderful - I have really enjoyed being part of the team.”
"I am studying psychology and am interested in gaining experience in the disability sector so I thought I’d offer my photography skills."