- Grants for community-based organisations fostering sustainable living and a healthy natural environment, up to $15,000 each year.
- Funding for 3 financial years, subject to annual review.
This stream is available to eligible community organisations to foster sustainable living and a healthy natural environment in Boroondara. In addition to delivering environmental benefits, activities that are funded through this stream may also deliver other social benefits.
The objectives of the Sustainable Community funding stream are to:
- increase community awareness and understanding of environmental sustainability
- showcase our natural environment as healthy and sustainable for future generations
- build community capacity to live sustainably through efficient use of energy and water, resource recovery and/or reuse of materials and renewable energy generation
- support initiatives and projects which demonstrate diverse environmental sustainability benefits, including:
- sustainable resource use (e.g. efficient use of energy and water, resource recovery and renewable energy generation)
- reduction of waste generated and disposed of in landfill
- climate change mitigation and adaptation
- biodiversity protection and enhancement
- healthy waterways
- sustainable transport (e.g. walking and cycling)
- local and sustainable food production and distribution.
Sustainable Community applications will be assessed against criteria below.
The additional points may assist to guide your responses.
- WHAT are the objectives of the proposed service, program or activity? (25%)
- Describe how your proposal will address the Community Strengthening Grants Program objectives listed on page 4 of the Triennial Operational Grant Guidelines, which can be found in the downloads section below.
- Describe how your proposal will address at least 2 of the 2020-23 Triennial Operational Sustainable Community Grant objectives (above).
- WHY is the proposed project or activity needed in Boroondara? (25%)
- Demonstrate that the project or activity responds to a community need.
- Demonstrate that your research has identified this gap in project or activity and/or opportunities in the community that you intend to fill.
- Demonstrate that this project or activity will not duplicate existing services or programs.
- Demonstrate that this project or activity cannot be funded elsewhere.
- Demonstrate clear rationale for the project or activity being provided over a 3-year period.
- WHO will benefit from your project or activity? (25%)
- Describe who will participate in your project or activity.
- Describe how the project or activity will significantly benefit Boroondara residents.
- Describe how the project or activity creates links and develops partnerships with other organisations.
- HOW will your organisation manage the funded project or activity over the 3-year period? (25%)
- Demonstrate evidence that the organisation has the expertise and capacity to successfully manage and evaluate the project or activity.
- Demonstrate evidence of a relevant project or activity plan (including timelines) and a realistic 3-year budget.
- Demonstrate capacity for ongoing project or activity development over 3 years.
- Demonstrate that consideration has been given to the future sustainability of the project or activity (for example, sponsorships or other funding sources).
You can find key information about eligibility criteria, the steps involved in submitting an application and links to the application on the Triennial Operational Grants page.