- Grants for community-based events and festivals up to $80,000.
- Grants for local performing arts groups up to $15,000.
- Funding for 3 financial years, subject to annual review.
- Applications are currently closed.
The purpose of Creative Community grants is to encourage organisations to present artistic and culturally significant events and festivals that foster community wellbeing, and develop and engage creative local identities.
Recipients need to demonstrate innovation in artistic programming and production, as well as best practice in areas such as environmental sustainability and event management.
Grants are available for diverse arts and cultural programs, festivals, events and activities that articulate and enhance arts, culture and heritage practice across the municipality.
Organisations wishing to present cultural celebrations, including Christmas celebrations for the broader community, should apply under this category.
The objectives of the Creative Community grants are to:
- increase community participation in arts and cultural activities
- encourage local cultural expression and the development of artistic practice
- facilitate the engagement of the City of Boroondara community with arts and cultural organisations
- encourage projects that target space activation (in both community facilities and open spaces) and/or focus on new and emerging art forms.
Creative Community applications are assessed against the following criteria:
The additional points are provided to assist in guiding your responses.
1. What are the objectives of the proposed service, program or activity? (25%)
- How will your proposal address the Community Strengthening Grants Program objectives?
- How will your proposal address at least 2 of the Creative Community objectives listed above?
2. Why is the proposed service, program or activity needed in the City of Boroondara? (25%)
- Demonstration that the program responds to a community need and evidence of demand.
- Demonstration that your research has identified the need for this program, and future opportunities in the community that you intend to fill.
- Demonstration that this service or program cannot be funded elsewhere.
- Clear rationale for the service or program being provided over a 3-year period.
3. Who will benefit from your service, program or activity? (25%)
- Who will participate in your program?
- How will the service or program artistically or culturally benefit City of Boroondara residents?
- How does the service or program create links and develop partnerships with other organisations?
4. How will your organisation manage the funded service, program or activity over the 3-year period? (25%)
- Evidence of promoting greater awareness of, and participating in, arts activities in the City of Boroondara.
- Evidence that the organisation has the expertise and capacity to successfully manage and evaluate the service or program over 3 years.
- Evidence of a relevant service or program plan (including timelines) and a realistic 3-year budget.
- Consideration given to the future sustainability of the program or service (for example, sponsorships or other fundraising).