- Grants for community organisations delivering community festivals or events, up to $15,000 each year.
- Grants for creative and cultural groups, up to $15,000 each year.
- Funding for 3 financial years, subject to annual review.
This stream is available to eligible community organisations to engage Boroondara residents in arts and cultural experiences that foster learning and community connections.
Grants are available for:
- community festivals
- diverse community-based art and cultural programs
- events and activities that articulate and enhance arts, culture and heritage practice across Boroondara.
Please note: For festivals and events, the proposed activity must have been running for at least 2 years before it is eligible.
Recipients need to demonstrate innovation in artistic programming and production, as well as best practice in areas such as environmental sustainability and event management.
Organisations wishing to present cultural celebrations, including Christmas celebrations for the broader community, should apply under this category.
The objectives of the Creative Community funding stream are to support the development and delivery of artistic and cultural activities that:
- promote health, wellbeing, safety and/or a sense of community within Boroondara
- offer life-long learning opportunities for Boroondara’s diverse community
- develop community stakeholder relationships (including arts and cultural organisations) which promote a sense of civic-pride
- empower local community members and stakeholders to contribute to cultural experiences and occasions for, and with, the community
- engage the community at facilities and public spaces across Boroondara
- introduce a new or emerging art form or cultural practice to the Boroondara community.
Creative Community applications will be assessed against the criteria below.
The additional points may assist to guide your responses.
- WHAT are the objectives of the proposed project or activity? (25%)
- Describe how your proposal will address the Community Strengthening Grants Program objectives listed on page 4 of the Triennial Operational Grant Guidelines, which can be found in the downloads section below.
- Describe how your proposal will address at least 2 of the 2020-23 Triennial Operational Creative Community Grant objectives (above).
- WHY is the proposed project or activity needed in Boroondara? (25%)
- Demonstrate that the project or activity responds to a community need and evidence of demand.
- Demonstrate that your research has identified the need for this project or activity.
- Demonstrate that this project or activity cannot be funded elsewhere.
- Demonstrate clear rationale for the project or activity being provided over a 3-year period.
- WHO will benefit from your project or activity? (25%)
- Describe who will participate in your project or activity.
- Describe how the project or activity artistically or culturally benefits Boroondara residents.
- Describe how the project or activity creates links and develops partnerships with other organisations.
- HOW will your organisation manage the funded project or activity over the 3-year period? (25%)
- Provide evidence of promoting greater awareness of, and participation in, arts activities in the City of Boroondara.
- Provide evidence the organisation has the expertise and capacity to successfully manage and evaluate the project or activity over 3 years.
- Provide evidence of a relevant project or activity plan (including timelines) and a realistic 3-year budget.
- Provide evidence of consideration given to the future sustainability of project or activity (for example, sponsorships or other funding sources).
For festivals and events
To ensure your event meets all permit and other requirements, please refer to the Organise an event in a park, garden or sportsground guide.
Please note: You will be required to do the following if you are successful in receiving funding:
- submit detailed event, traffic and risk management plans
- provide evidence of relevant insurances and permits, as well as compliance with relevant health and other Council requirements.
You can find key information about eligibility criteria, the steps involved in submitting an application and links to the application on the Triennial Operational Grants page.