Your toddler is learning new skills, taking first steps and exploring their world. Help them grow by making the most of the many opportunities to meet other families in the area.
Things to do
- Get your 12 month, 18 month and 4-year-old immunisations. Use our immunisation dates calculator to add scheduled immunisations to your calendar.
- Your child is eligible to enrol in kindergarten when they turn 2. Use our kindergarten dates calculator to see what year your child can attend kindergarten and add important enrolment dates to your calendar.
- Attend your key age and stage appointments with your Maternal and Child Health nurse.
- Get extra help if you need it with sleeping and settling or parenting from the Maternal and Child Health service.
- Look into childcare for your toddler if you need it. Childcare places are in high demand in our area.
- Download the Victorian Government's free Maternal and Child Health app
- Attend swimming lessons at one of our local pools. Toddlers can start to build their confidence and safety in the water.
- Attend a parent's information session.
- Join the Boroondara Library Service to access books and online resources on parenting, health and learning. Contact our expert staff to get help finding what you need.
- Find evidence-based information and advice for parents of toddlers at the Raising Children Network.
Other services in Boroondara
- Camberwell Multiple Birth Association: support for parents of twins, triplets or more.
- Boroondara Family Network: support for parents with babies and very young children who are suffering stress in parenting.
Activities in Boroondara
- Get out to an activity for you and your toddler at one of our libraries.
- Attend a parent information session.
- Join a playgroup.
- Become a member of a toy library.
- Visit a playground.
- Join a walking group
- Go to swimming lessons for toddlers at one of our local pools to build their confidence and safety in the water.
Find more activities for you and your toddler in our searchable directory of activities for under 8s.
Support and advice
- Maternal and Child Health Line: free advice from a qualified MCH nurse for children from birth to school age, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 13 22 29.
- Parentline: free counselling and advice for parents and carers of children from birth to 18 years old, 8am to midnight, 7 days a week. Call 13 22 89.
Find health information
You can use the Victorian Government's Better Health Channel tool below to find quality assured, reliable, up-to-date and easy to understand health information on babies and toddlers.*
*The Better Health Channel website is managed and authorised by the Department of Health and Human Services, State Government of Victoria, Australia. The site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
Content on the City of Boroondara website is provided for information purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. This information is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional.
Need advice now?
If your situation is an emergency, you should always call 000 or go to an emergency department at a hospital.