The Boroondara City Council Governance Rules outline the rules that Councillors and others must follow while they are serving the community.
- how decisions are made
- meeting procedures for Council meetings
- meeting procedures for Delegated Committees
- meeting procedures for Community Asset Committees
- how to share any conflicts of interest
- how to manage informal Councillor meetings
- how to manage confidential information.
The Boroondara City Council Governance Rules also includes our Election Period Policy. This policy provides a framework for decisions that Council cannot make during the election period in line with the Local Government Act 2020.