The Kew Traffic School is a popular venue for private parties and functions and is available for:
- one 2-hour session on weekday afternoons (or 3-hour session during daylight savings)
- four 2-hour sessions on Saturdays and Sundays.
Kew Traffic School opens up bookings 6 months in advance on a daily basis and is often booked out on the day the bookings open.
The maximum number of children per private booking is:
- 30 children (ages 2 to 10) or
- 50 children (ages 6 and under).
It's important to note:
- children need to bring their own bicycle or scooter and helmet
- carers or parents must stay and supervise their children
- guests can access the site during the designated booking times only
- hosts can access the site up to 15 minutes before and after booking times for set-up and pack-up. If you require additional time for your party, consider booking a double session
- it is a requirement that all riders on the track wear a helmet at all times.
You have exclusive use of the party room with tables, chairs, fridge/freezer, microwave, boiling water tap and oven (no stove top). Additional amenities include a covered pergola with fixed table and bench seats, barbecue and toilets.
You can use our party invite template to print out invitations for your private booking.
Download our colouring sheet to share with children on the day.
Book a private function
To book, choose the 'private booking' option on the online booking system.
You can make a booking up to 6 months in advance. If you book within 7 days of the event, please contact us by phone to confirm your booking.
Before booking, check if your event date coincides with a public holiday, school holiday or other events.
Community group bookings
Community groups located in Boroondara can book the Kew Traffic School for fundraising events at a discounted rate of $138 for any session time.
Community groups must meet the following criteria:
- be located within the City of Boroondara
- be a not-for-profit, incorporated organisation
- be holding a fundraising event for the organisation.
Email us at [email protected] and provide a brief overview of the event. This should be on your community group's official letterhead and signed by a committee member.
Session times and fees
|Monday to Friday (during AEST)||3:30pm to 5:30pm||$243||$330|
Monday to Friday (during daylight savings)
|3:30pm to 6:30pm||$280||$375|
Saturday and Sunday (all year round)
9:15am to 11:15am
11:30am to 1:30pm
1:45pm to 3:45pm
4pm to 6pm
Fees are valid until 30 June 2021.