An easement is an area of land on your property that council and other authorities are allowed to access.
Before building or landscaping check if:
- there are easements and access pits on your property
- your plans include building over an easement.
If possible, change your plans so that the building works do not block or cover the easement. You can't build over an access pit.
If you can't change your plans, submit a building over easements inquiry.
We will get back to you with either:
- instructions for how to apply for building over easement approval
- a request to change your designs before applying for building over easement approval
- an explanation of why we can't approve your proposed development.