An easement is an area of land on your property that council and other authorities are allowed to access.

Before building or landscaping check if:

If possible, change your plans so that the building works do not block or cover the easement. You can't build over an access pit.

If you can't change your plans, submit a building over easements application. 

A $410 fee applies. After we receive your application, we'll send you a payment request. We must receive payment before we can process your application.

Submit an application

We will get back to you with one of the following:

  • approval of your proposed development
  • a request to change your designs for building over easement approval
  • an explanation of why we can't approve your proposed development.

More information

For more information email [email protected] or call (03) 9278 4444

Was this page helpful?