An easement is an area of land on your property that council and other authorities are allowed to access.
Before building or landscaping check if:
- there are easements and access pits on your property
- your plans include building over an easement.
If possible, change your plans so that the building works do not block or cover the easement. You can't build over an access pit.
If you can't change your plans, submit a building over easements application.
A $410 fee applies. After we receive your application, we'll send you a payment request. We must receive payment before we can process your application.
We will get back to you with one of the following:
- approval of your proposed development
- a request to change your designs for building over easement approval
- an explanation of why we can't approve your proposed development.