We maintain streets, minor roads and footpaths across the City of Boroondara.
VicRoads is responsible for maintaining arterial (main) roads in Boroondara.
Our street and road maintenance
Below are examples of maintenance that we carry out on and around our streets and minor roads.
Streets and laneways
- Repair potholes and other significant road repair
- Road resurfacing and construction
- Street cleaning
- Mark lines
- Install and maintain street signs
- Maintain street furniture
- Maintain laneways
- Minor maintenance, such as fixing uneven pavement on footpaths
- Street sweeping, including collecting leaves in autumn
- Empty public litter bins
- Clear drains (find out how to report a problem with a drain)
- Clean pits
- Clean shopping centres
- Clean public toilets
- Maintain council buildings
- Minor repairs to car parks
There are 34 arterial (main) roads across the City of Boroondara. VicRoads is responsible for the general operation and maintenance of these roads.
Council is responsible for the footpaths and service roads on arterial roads. Service roads are minor roads that run parallel with arterial roads and allow access to houses, shops and businesses.
Find out more about who is responsible for what kind of road on the VicRoads website.
Report a road or footpath issue
You can report an issue with a council-managed street, road or footpath online.
To report an issue with an arterial road, contact VicRoads.