We conduct a wide range of maintenance activities on minor roads across Boroondara each year. VicRoads is responsible for maintaining Boroondara's 34 arterial roads.
Minor road maintenance
Examples of maintenance we carry out on minor roads in Boroondara include:
Streets and laneways
- Repairing potholes
- Marking lines
- Installing and maintaining street signs
- Maintaining street furniture
- General laneway maintenance.
- Minor maintenance activities
- Sweeping, including collecting leaves in autumn
- Emptying public litter bins.
- Clearing drains
- Cleaning pits.
- Cleaning shopping centres
- Cleaning public toilets
- Maintaining Council buildings
- Minor repairs to car parks.
Major repairs to roads
We budget and plan for more significant works, such as major repairs to laneways and road resurfacing, rebuilding and construction. We undertake and supervise this work on an annual contract basis.
There are 34 arterial roads across the City of Boroondara. VicRoads is responsible for the general operation and maintenance of these roads. However, Council is responsible for service roads and footpaths on arterial roads because they are considered to be for the use of local residents.
VicRoads has more information on which authority is responsible for what kind of road and a map of arterial roads in Boroondara and across Victoria.
Report a road issue
To report issues with arterial roads, contact VicRoads.