All library meeting room hirers must abide by the Terms and Conditions of meeting room hire. Failure to do so may result in cancellation and/or refusal of bookings.
- These meeting rooms are available for hire to any organisation or group. They are not available for parties or receptions.
- Library meeting rooms are not available for hire on public holidays.
- Audio visual equipment is available in all our meeting rooms. Digital projectors may be used with the HDMI or VGA connections as provided. Basic instructions are available in all rooms - please ensure you familiarise yourself with the equipment provided, as technical assistance from staff will usually not be available.
- Wi-fi access is available in all library meeting rooms with a library membership.
- Please note: responsibility for providing adaptors rests with the hirer.
- The hire fee must be paid prior to occupancy of the room. The swipe card and/or key will not be issued until payment is made.
- Payments may be made by cash, EFTPOS or cheques made payable to City of Boroondara, prior to meeting room use.
- An invoice for payment of meeting room hire charges may be requested in advance.
- Once any booking is confirmed, payment of the full hire fee is required unless the booking is cancelled with at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Refunds for paid bookings will be considered only if the booking is cancelled with at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Charges for bookings cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice are the responsibility of the hirer.
- Swipe cards and/or keys for meeting rooms must be collected in person at the library during library opening hours. The swipe cards and/or keys will not be made available more than 48 hours in advance of a meeting room booking.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the room is securely locked and the lights and kitchen equipment are turned off at the conclusion of the booking.
- The swipe cards and/or keys must be returned immediately at the conclusion of the meeting, either to library staff, or through the library returns chute at the front of the library.
- Access to meeting rooms; including set up and pack-up time, is limited to the booking period. Hirers must not enter, or exit, the meeting room outside the booking period.
- Advertising banners and/or sandwich boards are not to be displayed outside library meeting rooms.
- Rooms should be left clean and tidy for the next meeting room booking. Please return furniture and equipment to designated areas, place any rubbish in the rubbish bins and ensure the fridge is clean and empty.
- The capacity of the room must not be exceeded at any time.
- Permission must be sought from Boroondara Library Service prior to any alcohol being consumed in Boroondara Library meeting rooms. At least one month’s notice is required.
- Loud noise or any other nuisance, disturbance or annoyance must not be made in or allowed to emanate from the meeting room.
- Candles, oil or incense burners are not permitted under any circumstances.
Note: The Smoke-free Areas Local Law 2012, prohibits smoking inside, or within five metres of entrances to, all Boroondara City Council buildings.
Boroondara Library Service reserves the right to:
- Review each request individually and decline a booking if we deem our rooms are not suitable for the activity that will be taking place.
- Decline or cancel a booking if we believe a person or organisation is engaging in activities which are illegal and/or impact health, safety and wellbeing, including if their presence will result in damage to our assets.