Please adhere to the terms and conditions when hiring a library meeting room, as this will ensure these spaces remain a valuable community resource for all to use.
These rooms are available for hire to any organisation or group, however they are not available for parties or receptions and are not available for hire on public holidays.
Failure to abide by the terms and conditions below may result in the cancellation and/or the refusal of bookings.
Audiovisual equipment is available in all our meeting rooms. Digital projectors may be used with the HDMI or VGA connections provided. Basic instructions are available in all rooms - please ensure that you read these instructions to familiarise yourself with the equipment provided, as technical help from staff is not readily available.
We are unable to provide adaptors for your computer equipment, so please remember to bring one along on the day of your booking.
Fees and refunds
We charge a small fee for the hire of meeting rooms. The community rate applies to all non-profit organisations. Refer to the individual rooms to see the fees.
- You will need to pay the hire fee before you are given access of the room. The swipe card and/or key will be issued once payment is made.
- You can make payments by cash, EFTPOS or cheque (made payable to City of Boroondara), before use of the meeting room.
- An invoice for payment can be requested in advance.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you are required to pay the full hire fee unless the booking is cancelled with at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Refunds for paid bookings will be considered only if the booking is cancelled with at least 24 hours’ notice.
- If bookings are cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice you will still be responsible for payment of the fee.
Keys and access
- You can only collect swipe cards and/or keys for meeting rooms in person at the library during library opening hours. The swipe cards and/or keys will only be made available within 48 hours of a booking.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the room is securely locked and the lights and kitchen equipment are turned off at the end of your booking.
- You should return the swipe cards and/or keys at the end of the meeting either to library staff, or through the library returns chute at the front of the library.
- Access to meeting rooms, including set-up and pack up time, is limited to the booking period. Hirers should not enter, or exit, the meeting room outside the booking period.
People, equipment and furniture
- If you wish to display advertising banners and/or sandwich boards outside library meeting rooms, you will require a Council permit.
- Rooms should be left clean and tidy for the next meeting room booking. Please return furniture and equipment to designated areas, place any rubbish in the rubbish bins and ensure the fridge is clean and empty.
- To ensure the safety of all, the capacity of the room cannot be exceeded at any time.
- Please be mindful of others, particularly with regards to noise and access.
- For fire safety, candles, oil or incense burners cannot be used under any circumstances.
Food and drink
You are welcome to bring food into meeting rooms and use the kitchenettes where they are provided. At least one month before the booking date, permission should be sought from Boroondara Library Service before any alcohol is consumed in library meeting rooms.
Smoking is not permitted.
The Smoke-free Areas Local Law 2012 prohibits smoking inside, or within 5m of entrances to, all Boroondara buildings.