The Boroondara Library Service Advisory Committee contributes to any service review that will have an impact on library users, and contributes ideas to improve services.
Its main functions are to:
- Provide advice on library policy, service planning and development
- Promote consultation and representation of community views in library policy, service planning and development
- Provide an additional avenue for dissemination of information about the library service
- Participate in working parties/forums and workshops on library issues.
The committee meets quarterly for about 2 hours.
Membership of the Committee is voluntary and consists of up to 12 members, appointed for a four-year term via an Expression of Interest process. The current committee was appointed in 2017 and will be in place until early 2021.
- 3 Councillors, appointed by Council, one of whom is chair of the Committee
- 5 community members who live, work or study in Boroondara and have relevant skills and experience and a passion for library services
- 3 Library Services representatives including Manager Community Information and Libraries
- 1 Community Planning and Development representative.
If vacancies come up during the life of the Committee, Council officers will co-opt new members as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
For enquiries, please contact Manager Community Information and Libraries, Kate Brewster, on 9278 4673.