Volunteers play an important role in a wide range of community organisations in Boroondara, such as:
- sports groups
- aged care providers
- park and garden friends groups
- family support
- community leadership programs
- kindergartens and playgroups
- refugee and migrant support services
- homelessness support services
- historical societies
- disability service providers
- climate action groups
- churches and youth groups.
Types of volunteer roles
Just as the range of organisations is broad, so is the range of roles. Whatever you want to do, there's likely a volunteer role to suit you. You could find yourself being a:
- director or committee member
- office bearer, such as president or treasurer
- kitchen hand
- administration officer
- information technology tutor
- mandarin storyteller
- digital marketing or media officer
- exercise class instructor.
Many roles don't need any experience, but some specialist roles might. For example, if you're helping an organisation with a website, you may need relevant skills, but not necessarily a formal qualification.
The commitment needed depends on the role: some roles have regular hours at the same time each week or month, others are project-based, and some are ad hoc.
Whatever organisation or voluntary role you choose, it will be rewarding!
To register your interest, see find a volunteering opportunity.