- Applications are now open
- Applicants can apply for grants of up to $15,000 and $50,000 to support the delivery of services, celebrations and events in Boroondara.
- Applications close 23 February 2020.
Triennial Operational Grants support operating and program costs associated with the delivery of services, celebrations and events in Boroondara.
Triennial Operational Grants are part of Council's Community Strengthening Grants program, which funds activities that respond to the social, cultural, recreational and environmental needs of Boroondara residents. The objectives of the Community Strengthening Grants program are to:
- increase participation of residents in their community
- increase inclusion and representation of under-represented groups and issues
- develop innovative approaches to local issues
- assist groups and volunteers to develop skills and build capacity
- encourage the sustainability and better governance of community organisations
- encourage partnerships between local organisations and the development of local community networks.
Applicants can apply for Triennial Operational Grants under the following streams:
- Creative Community (community events) - available to community organisations who deliver community festivals or events
- Creative Community (creative and cultural groups) - available to community organisations who deliver diverse community-based art and cultural programs
- Vibrant Retail Precincts - available to trader associations
- Sustainable Community - available to community organisations
- Healthy Community - available to community organisations
Step 1: Check you are eligible
Applications are assessed against a defined set of criteria to a score of 100 per cent. It is important that you are familiar with them before completing your application.
Read the assessment criteria for:
Step 3: Discuss your idea
Before you apply, you must discuss your project idea with the Community Development Officer (Grants and Partnerships) by either calling 9278 4753 or emailing [email protected]. We will assist you in shaping your application to give it the best chance of success.
Your application cannot be assessed without completing this step.
Step 4: Get help with your application
We are holding the following Triennial Operational Grants Information Sessions.
Date: Wednesday 8 January 2020
Time: 10.30am to 12midday
Address: The Boroondara Room at Camberwell Council Offices, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell
Book now via Eventbrite
Date: Thursday 6 February 2020
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Address: Blackwood Room, Camberwell Council Offices, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell
Book now via Eventbrite
Date: Tuesday 21 January 2020
Time: 6.30pm to 8pm
Address: Phyllis Hore Room at Kew Library, Corner of Cotham Road and Civic Drive, Kew
Book now via Eventbrite
Step 5: Complete your application
Applications are prepared and submitted online in SmartyGrants. Applications close on Sunday 23 February 2020.
Make sure you complete the budget requirements using the budget form in SmartyGrants, noting that:
- all budget costs must be justified for the project proposal
- all items listed in the budget must include a description of the item
- some applications may receive partial funding.
Be sure to attach all supporting documentation. Your application cannot be assessed until we receive all these documents:
- Incorporation Annual Statement or Annual Information Statement
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- your organisation's Annual Report or audited financial statement
- evidence of public liability insurance policy to cover the staff, members and the general public to $20 million and workers compensation and volunteers insurance
- formal quotes for all services and products over $3,000 must include the suppliers ABN and the GST amount
- letters or emails of support (optional).
We also have some helpful resources available to help with your application:
- statistics: see our history and demographics page for data on health, education, housing, economy and diversity.
- accessibility: see our making your event accessible page.
Step 6: Submit your application
Once you have completed the above steps and you are happy with your application, you can finalise your submission through SmartyGrants.
Applications close on Sunday 23 February 2020.
Step 7: Application assessment
Applications are assessed against the assessment criteria (see Step 2) by Council officers and the Community Strengthening Grants Assessment Panel.
The panel's recommendations are then submitted to Council for final endorsement.
Step 8: Results are announced
We will let you know if your application has been successful via email by June 2020.
Step 9: Grant payments
If you are successful, you will receive your grant funds within 28 days of your approval letter (or as otherwise specified).
Step 10: Evaluation
Successful applicants will be required to provide a written project report annually (or as otherwise specified in the funding agreement) against agreed performance outcomes, as part of the decision-making process for continuing the funding. This is done online via SmartyGrants.