Funding is only available:
- for Boroondara residents with a current Health Care Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card
- to reduce the annual cost of Boroondara sports club registration/membership fees
- for up to 75% of annual sports club fees (capped at $200) per individual.
Individual participation grants provide opportunities for disadvantaged community members to participate in sport and recreation.
Eligible participants can apply for up to 75% of annual sports club fees (capped at $200), subject to availability.
To be eligible for individual participation grant funding, individuals must:
- live in the City of Boroondara
- hold a valid Health Care Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card
- choose an eligible Boroondara sporting club (not for profit).
For more details, see Individual Participation Grant eligibility and conditions.
How the grant funding is paid
Grant funding will be paid directly to the applicant's nominated sports club, who will then reduce the club registration fee by the amount of the grant.
Applications are accepted all year round, until the allocated funding has been used.
For more information, see How to apply for an individual participation grant.