To apply for an individual achievement grant in the Active Community or Creative Community categories follow the steps below.
Step 1: Check the eligibility and funding conditions
Read through the eligibility and conditions to make sure you can apply.
Step 2: Submit the application form
Make sure you complete all sections of the form and attach:
- Proof of your residential status in the municipality (for example, a copy of your drivers licence - front and back - or a rates notice).
- Confirmation letter that you have been selected to take part in the event including dates and location.
- Copy of your Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card if you're applying for 20 per cent additional funding due to financial hardship.
We can only assess your application when we've received all these documents.
If you're under 18, your parent or guardian needs to complete the paperwork. Payment will be released to your parent or guardian on your behalf.
Step 3: Application assessment
We assess applications in the order that we receive them.
We'll let you know if your application is successful within 14 working days of the acknowledgement email. If there are any delays, we'll contact you.
Step 4: Grant payment
If your application is successful, we'll pay your funds within 28 days, unless we tell you otherwise.
If you're experiencing financial hardship and need the funds earlier, you can discuss this with the relevant Council officer:
Email Individual Grants or call:
- Active community – Recreation Services on 9278 4774.
- Creative community – Arts and Culture on 9278 4770.
Individual Achievement Grants are part of Council's Community Strengthening Grants Policy.