Good access is about making sure that anyone can use your business, including adults, children, teenagers, parents and grandparents.
Many of these people benefit from improved physical access, as well as access to information.
- is about people finding your business either from the street or on the internet
- means people can get in and move around easily
- means that all facilities you provide, such as toilets and fitting rooms, are large enough to be used easily by everyone
- means you understand that different people may need some support to effectively use your business and services
- is an attitude that says ‘we listen’ and we want your business
- considers design relating to buildings and facilities, as well as advertising, information and communication systems.
Access guide for businesses
We have developed an Access guide for businesses for the top 10 business types in Boroondara.
The guide is designed to support local businesses and service providers to give quality customer service to all our residents and tourists, as well as practical hints and tips to cater for people with a disability.
To order a hardcopy, email MetroAccess Project Officer.
Tips for good accessibility postcard
Our Tips for good accessibility postcard continues to be a very effective way for local businesses to learn about how they can provide good access to people of all abilities.
We have distributed thousands of postcards to business, retailers, lessees and Council services to help create an inclusive Boroondara.