Becoming a sustainable business can be easy. It is not only great for saving money, but can:
- help to attract new customers
- build better staff morale
- support and protect the environment.
Whether you’re a café or restaurant, hairdresser or beauty salon, retail business or office, the smallest change can make a difference.
Have your say
Would you like to do more to become a more environmentally sustainable business?
Whether you are a business already taking action to reduce your impact on the environment or are new to this, we want to hear from you.
Complete the 5 minute survey to help us understand the sustainability issues that are important to you and what’s needed to better support your business in becoming more environmentally sustainable. See competition terms and conditions.
Survey respondents will go into the draw to win one of six x $100 vouchers to spend at a local independent business in Boroondara, with a winner drawn each fortnight.
Energy advice service - Australian Energy Foundation
The Australian Energy Foundation (AEF) is a leading not-for-profit national energy organisation, empowering communities to be more energy efficient at home, school and work. We have partnered with AEF to provide the Boroondara community with free, independent energy advice relevant to your business.
Discounted food waste composters, worm farms and compost bins - Compost Revolution
Business, residents and schools in Boroondara are eligible to order discounted worm farms, compost bins and food waste composters delivered free. For more information visit Compost Revolution.
- Sustainability Victoria provides businesses with information and resources to reduce their impact on the environment. Visit their guide on how you can manage their energy use and save on energy costs, as well as find information on grants.
- Planet Ark provides tips and tools to support businesses to reduce waste and save money.
- Get involved in Victorian Energy Upgrades and save money on the installation of energy-efficient products, reduce your energy bill and help the environment.
- Australian Energy Foundation provides advice and tips, including tailored energy advice, energy assessment, energy solutions such as solar power and LED lighting, along with case studies.
- Learn how your business can become certified carbon neutral through Climate Active.
- Clean Energy Council provides a solar guide for businesses and the Australian Energy Foundation's offers an Introduction to solar for business.
- Visit the Marine Stewardship Council for information on buying sustainable seafood that supports the ethical treatment of sea life.
- Sustainable Salons helps salon members reduce their impact on the planet and invest in local communities.
- Plastic free July provides tips on how to reduce plastic waste.
- Sustainability Victoria - Love Food Hate Waste Campaign - This campaign provides ideas, recipes, facts and resources to help you reduce food waste in your business.
- Water Efficiency Labelling Standard (WELS) - The WELS scheme is designed to help you choose more water efficient products for your home and business